Wednesday, May 13, 2009

popcorn popping


Yes. I purchased this bag because of it's packaging.

I needed popcorn for a church activity and I could not pass up this bag of perfection. I love the icon of the tractor. I love the halftone treatment on the real image of the popcorn. I love the material the bag was in - almost a satin/matte finish. The ampersand (&) is super hip between the type at the bottom - and I just love how simple everything is. No weird cartoon figures, or massive amounts of type and messaging. Just simple, "this is the best corn their is" kinda vibe. It is almost has the feel of a silkscreened poster. Plus - it was 100% whole grain and no trans fat - if
popcorn could be sexy - this would be it.

I know, sound the nerd alert. But I was sold.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I buy things for their packaging all the time. No apologizing necessary. :)

Emilie and Branden said...

We're designers. That's what we do. But how was the popcorn inside? After you eat it, just pin it up on the wall of good design.

Niki and Jess said...

Yeah, so how was the actual product?

Jamie said...

It's your creativity in your mind... it's not your fault.