Monday, May 4, 2009

think summer


I've just decided I am going to do all things summer - and hope that the weather gets a hint. I am ready for summer. And what a better way to try and make it happen, then to eat snow cones in 58 degree weather. Jack and I were both catching pneumonia while we enjoyed our Tiger's Blood (mine was, of course, mixed half and half with sour grape) - so eventually we had to retreat to the car to finish them up.

Some of our really good friends, Sean and Sheri, just opened this snow cone joint CUP O SNO - and they have the best ice in town. It is shaved finer - yes... I know a lot about snow cones. I think I am the one who keeps most of these joints in business through the summer.

And even while I felt like turning on the heater on the way home, I still think "make it summer" attempt number 612 was a success and tomorrow will be warmer because of my efforts.




5 comments:

stephanie said...

it's supposed to be 100 at my house tomorrow. maybe you should come visit.

Niki and Jess said...

Sno cones at the begining of May...those don't usually open up until June/July. Where is this shack located? I don't care how cold it is, I want in on this!

Mindi said...

One of these days it will get warm, I think it'll go from cold to hot and we'll miss spring. I do think it was a bit warmer today though... maybe the sno cone?

T-raz and the H-train said...

What a bombshell you are. I'm loving your hair. What great little kiddos you've got. Hank and I are in anytime.

emmy said...

Niki, it is in this little shopping center in Sandy called "The Fiesta Village". That is all I know beyond being able to guide you with visual landmarks...such as "east of Alta View Hospital - turn at the Smiths before going towards the Canyon - drive down the road, up a hill and down a hill again until you see the Reams." Do you know where I am talking about?