Monday, March 29, 2010

two beds is better then one

As we are finally approaching the wonderful age of the boys being able to share a room, I have started to stock pile my ideas of cool things for the merg of the 2 to the 1. I want it to feel like "their" room - not just Cash sleeping in what used to be just Jack's room. Here are a few things I liked:

I love the reading lamps above each bed, and the trunks at the end. A way to give personalized space within a shared area.

My friend Stephanie used this old drawer to hold her son's little treasures. I just love it.

My ultimate goal is to find two similar thrift store headboard that I can reupholster and hip out.

I have always loved the colors in maps. I love all the micro details they have with the names of cities and countries and the oceans. I think they have such great beautiful texture to them.

I love the individual lights to each bed... and the colors in here are subtle but great.

I've always been fascinated with organizational items. I love the almost archiving and museum quality to placing things in their specific compartments and labeling them in any sort of way. I am on the look out for a set of drawers like this for the boys cars, rocks, and other such finds.





These over-sized illustrations are wicked.

What would a boy's room be without a bug collection. I think they boys and I will start on ours this summer.


6 comments:

myptc said...

nice picture

come to my blog

http://resepmakan-resep.blogspot.com/

Brandon said...

Great reference shots. Very inspiring.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Love the inspiration pics, Em. If anyone will be able to pull together a super hip boys' room, it's you! Can't wait to see what you do.

SnipeR said...

loving the house fella, keep it up ;-]

naksliyon per saina attack kare aur khatam kar de said...

dream picture

naksliyon per saina attack kare aur khatam kar de said...

dream picture