Thursday, September 15, 2011

the state fair


Tonight we took the boys to the State Fair. I LOVE the State Fair. All the smelly animals, cheap carnival rides, crazy dressed people who only come out of the wood work for such an occasion, and above all... the funnel cakes!

The boys had a blast. Cash felt pure terror when I made him ride the big sack slide with me. I would have given anything to see his face... the big crocodile tears were all I got after we got to the bottom. Jack was Mr. Adventure this year. Trying all sorts of rides. He's always been our softy, so it's nice to see him getting a little more brave this year. The boys both won stuffed animals at the dart booth, and we got to see a baby calf that was just one day old.

Word of advice... pass up the food booths at the front of the fair. Cheaper and yummier food is further back - including THE PIE pizza. I was so mad I ate some horrible tasteless $8 chicken BBQ sandwich because I thought I had no other options. Cash could have ridden the race car ride until he threw up for the same price.

The weather was perfect. The boys couldn't have had more fun. And I got to see some really fat pigs. 

A great night all around.




 

 

No comments: