Thursday, August 25, 2011

day 11


So posting pictures of myself is getting old fast... and since I think only three people actually read this blog, I am sure you are bored out of your mind, but here it is none the less. Day 11, skirt or dress day.

This was an easy one for me. I LOVE skirts. I wear them constantly. They are my staple item truth be told. And this one is my favorite. It can be worn higher on my waste with a great tucked in blouse or layered up casual style as seen above. The material has a slight stretch to it, but still holds a shape and form of almost a loose pencil skirt (the wind blowing doesn't help show any of this, sorry). I will wear it into the ground and then cry the day I can wear it no more. I love you gray skirt. Please don't ever leave me.

In other news that actually matters, the boys and I headed up our first official ever "back-to-school" night. It seemed so strange that Jack will be riding a bus, and going to school with double the amount of hooligans, and just growing up on me. I'm scared out of my mind. The whole night I kept scoping out the other parents and kids, trying to come to terms that my soft and sweet-hearted Jack won't stand a chance. He's just too nice. And there are so many mean kids out there. I know I was judging people wrongly and completely based off their looks, but I had my concerns.

Then I got to the kindergarten room and realized all these menacing-looking kids were older then Jack (Jack is SO tall, sometimes I forget most kids his height are two years older then him), and so maybe I could put off my fears and paranoia for another year until he hits the big halls and first grade.

I am super excited for him to start school. He is excited - I love that he will have all these little new friends. I will just be saying my prayers that he will not pick up "baby talk" from some kid on the first day. I really hate that more then anything. It always happens on the first week of preschool or summer camp. Then takes me about 3 weeks to get it out of their system. There is always that one kid... and I want to sucker punch them for teaching my kid how to talk like that. Other then that... and me learning how to not follow the bus every day to make sure Jack made it to school okay, I think we are golden.



1 comment:

Alicia said...

I like the outfits. Keep them coming.

And, Jack... stop growing. Then, tell Jake to stop as well.