Wednesday, August 31, 2011

day 17


Day 17 I dreaded... "repair and wear". I don't sew... so repairing sad, put to the side articles of clothing was not top on today's to-do-list. But I DO have a lot of jewelry that has strangely enough, been broken by each one of the boys when they were little babies (so some of these items have been bagged up for almost 5 years now!). Most necklaces I have just tossed and had a moment of silence over... but there are a few I have held onto to hopefully one day give a second birth to.

So did I do that today? Not really - instead I organized each broken item, made a note of what was needed to repair it, and this weekend I will head off to the craft store to finally fix them.

In the mean time, I realized even greater then the few
broken pieces of jewelry was the state in which all my accessories were in. This was truly a system I needed to "repair" so I could "wear" better. Am I stretching this a bit... oh well. I think it works. So I set off to Ikea to get a few storage containers, organized and set aside what which items I could donate if I didn't seem to be wearing them enough or anymore, and cleaned up my accessory drawers. I hope this will help me wear more of these items - rather then always turning to what is on top of the pile or my "safe" pieces I always wear.

So does that count for my "repair and wear" challenge, if even in a very abstract sort of way?
I hope so, cause the day has come to an end.



1 comment:

Alicia said...

This totally counts. Great job, Em.