Monday, August 15, 2011

really max? really?


Just a snapshot of my awesome moment with Max at the grocery store. The picture does not do this justice, I couldn't quite get it all in.

I got half way through my shopping before I reached down and felt, with horror I may add, that wet green poop had exploded out of Max's diaper while I had him strapped in the baby backpack. With each leg pump he had pushed more and more of it out and all across my stomach, down my pants, and then his little leg had spread it down to almost my knee. He was covered. I was covered. It was amazing.

I stood there - captivated by how fast he could create such a devastating mess, the whole time giggling while he did this, and also a little frozen trying to decide what to do next. Do I just give up, leave the cart and head back home? There were too many refrigerator items... Do I haul everyone back out to the parking lot (grocery shopping with three kids is the worst), change the diaper and head back in to finish?

Several other shoppers eyed me wearily as I stood there, motionless in the middle of the aisle, staring at my custom painted outfit. Finally I decided to head to the baby aisle, grab a pack of wipes and try and clean us up a bit. Half a pack of wipes later, we were back to finishing the shopping. I was still covered in green stains - fearing at any moment the diaper could send a second wave, but figured I'd left my pride somewhere back on aisle three, so who cares.

Thanks a lot Max. Giving you life was not enough. You had to take my dignity as well I suppose.

Sounds about right.




3 comments:

Jenigirl said...

Diaper blow out on isle 3! Oh Ems!! :)

Alicia said...

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhh...

Niki and Jess said...

Oh man! That happened to me when I took Abby to my work to show her off. We were at a team luncheon and all of a sudden Abby let out this huge fart. The room fell silent. Not 2 seconds later one of my co-workers said "Um, you may want to look down." Mustard yellow poop all the way down my skirt. Fun times, eh?