Tuesday, August 30, 2011

day 16, menswear


Okay, this day might have been a bust for me. It was hard. The only mens vest I own, I found at a thrift store, and well, it is still a little too small (Or am I still to chubby? Don't answer that). And I have a pair of suspenders but after Cash has been playing with them, I couldn't find them anywhere. So I resorted to stealing something from Ry's side of the closet. He has all these great western shirts, so I just picked my favorite color and belted it up to be slightly a dress. It's still too bloody hot, but I think some boots and a chunky sweater with this outfit would be killer for fall.

Ryan is starting to slowly come down from the high of recording all weekend. Being home at 3 in the morning each night might also have something to do with it. Everything I have heard is amazing and I can't wait for it to get mastered. It's nice to have him back home. He was gone to Folks Fest for 9 days, then only home a few days before he had a Lower Lights fireside and then onto the four days of non-stop recording. It feels like we haven't had any down time together in ages. So what did we do on our big night back together... don't worry, this is a family blog - we tended my nieces and then Ryan watched me do my yoga. Not very romantic, but I'm in a routine now since he has left me so many nights alone, and if I stop it takes me days to get back in the rhythm.

I spent most the day running Cash to and from preschool and prepping more of Jack's decorations for the big party. He is super excited and I'm trying my hardest not to become one of those moms who goes completely overboard. Ryan and I have always discussed how I would need to tone it down once I was a mom. Being a designer - I just like making things look put together and extra cool, and usually I go over the top... I have already been told I cannot help with any of their science projects. I think I am keeping it to a minimum, (kind of). We are making super hero caps and masks (thanks to my friend Holly's great idea and use of her son's cape/mask to use as my template), setting up an obstacle course for the kids to run through and be superheros, and then it's cake and presents. What more do you need? Run around the yard a bit, get sugared up, tear apart some presents. Sounds just about perfect.


1 comment:

Alicia said...

You are so hott and I can't stand it.
Love it.